Forming a sentence using simple past tense
Subject + Verb(Past form) + Object
1. Simple past tense is used for actions that happened in the past, or for actions which happened before the time of speaking.
- They finished their work last night.
- We went to Malaysia in 2007.
- Kasim was at home last week
2. When past perfect tense is used to show that an action had taken place before another action in the past, the past perfect tense is used for the action which had happened before, while simple past tense is used for the action which took place later.
- The ferry had already left when we went to the ferry terminal.
- Firash had checked the report for errors before he submitted it.