Reasons for the decline of the wholesalers
- Manufacturers, nowadays, produce branded goods, which are pre-packed into convenient sizes.
- Through advertisements, manufacturers are able to create and maintain a market for their own products.
- The establishment of large retailers like multiple stores and departmental stores who have the finance to buy goods directly from the manufacturers.
- The improvement in transport and communication has made it faster and easier for the manufacturer to deliver goods and contact the widely scattered retailers.
- Some manufacturers open their own retail shops and sell goods directly to the consumers.
- Manufacturers have decided to sell goods directly to the retailers as the retailers would sell the goods faster than the wholesaler would.
[hana-code-insert name=’horizontalbanner’ /]